Depop’s purpose is to empower creative minds. We’re creating the world's most innovative platform, and we’re putting it into the hands of the unfollowers. We’re the place for our community to discover, connect with and inspire one another and where creative minds can become entrepreneurs. We’re a community of over 8 million and we’re growing our team of 85 headquartered in London, with spaces in Milan, NYC and LA.
We're now looking for a Los Angeles based Community Development Manager to help us on our mission to grow Depop's global community.
Who you are
You’re a huge Depop fan and an avid user with an in depth knowledge of current brands, important community figures, trends, and a strong social media awareness. You understand the value and importance of growing a passionate community of sellers and are enthused by the prospect of growing Depop’s even further;
The main areas of this role include but are not limited to
• Identify and implement new ways of growing Depop’s community of sellers
• Implement initiatives to drive new registrations via our sellers
• On-board high potential sellers and enable them to grow with Depop
• Assist with the in-app promotion and development of Depop sellers
• Arm sellers with the tools they need to build their own personal brand
• Educate sellers on self-promotion: using both online & offline methods
• On-board inspiring sellers who will champion the Depop brand
• Collaborate with Depop’s Branding and Editorial teams on seller focused promotion
• Educate sellers with key tips on how to improve their selling performance
• Have experience and passion for using the Depop app
• Experience working in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
• Highly organised & eager to learn
• Reliable, motivated, driven
• Have your finger on the pulse of creative communities and who leads them
• Confident in your approach to new initiatives
• Creative and unafraid to present new ideas
• Able to work both on projects both independently and as part of a team
• Possess excellent communication skills
We value a diverse and collaborative workplace and we are looking for the most outstanding person to join our team regardless of background, race, ethnicity, prior arrest/conviction records, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, regional accent, politics, or favourite reality show.