Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 13M people in our vibrant community come to buy, sell and discover unique fashion items. With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 165 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
As our community continues to grow, we’re looking for a Solutions Architect to join our Engineering team. You will help us define and maintain a system architecture that satisfies business and product requirements around scalability and costs effectiveness, extensibility and flexibility.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded startups in the London tech scene. Having raised $40M over two funding rounds and with an ever increasing user base, we are in a strong position for successful global growth.
- Define high-level structure of integrated solutions by mapping product and business requirements to application system components
- Identify areas of improvements and/or risks in the existing backend architecture and define solutions and implementation strategies aiming to solve such issues in-line with business needs and product roadmap
- Own technical engagement, architecture solution and ultimate success around all projects that require backend development
- Actively contribute with hands-on development to the evolution and maintenance of the backend systems and components when needed
- Work closely with Product Managers, Lead Designers and Lead Engineers to translate product and project requirements into optimal architecture design and implementation strategy
- Regularly report on the current and future status of the backend architecture to the CTO and to the Head of Systems Engineering
- Provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our backend engineering team
- Lead efforts to capture and share optimal design patterns and best practices with the ultimate goal to develop deep expertise amongst the team
- Line manage backend engineers and provide constant coaching and guidance around architecture design principles and implementation best practices
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.