Agile Delivery Manager
Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 15M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to redefine fashion for the next generation of creatives.
With headquarters in London, spaces in Manchester, LA and New York, we have a team of more than 185 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for experienced, passionate individuals to join our team as Agile Delivery Managers. You'll be a key member of the Depop Tech team, accountable for the success and continued improvement of our mission driven teams. You’ll report to the Software Development Manager.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog! We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
The Agile Delivery Manager is a key member in any development or project team, working in partnership with the Product Manager and Tech Lead to drive the team to success, which we define as their ability to sustainably meet ambitious goals and continuously improve.
- be accountable for your team’s success, by acting as a servant-leader for your team and finding ways for them to overcome any challenges.
- take an empirical approach to understanding where your team will most benefit from improvement efforts.
- ensure your team is set-up for success with the most appropriate methods and interactions.
- drive coordination, planning and estimation when it’s needed.
- be deeply embedded in your team and their work, you will strive to ensure the team feels connected with their mission and product.
- coach the team and individuals in making the best possible decisions given the information available.
Progression in the role will involve accountability for the holistic success of wider areas of the Engineering department including areas such as communication, hiring, professional development, on-boarding and team structures.
- A primary desire to achieve tangible results with a team and accept accountability for their success
- The desire to improve as an individual, for the benefit of your team. You must be coachable.
- A passion for agile and lean software development. You’ll be able to prove a broad knowledge of agile methods and techniques as well as a constant desire to improve your own understanding. You’ll need a solid foundation in agile and lean principles.
- Experience working as a full-time Scrum Master, Agile Coach or similar role.
- Experience in identifying and effectively implementing continuous improvement efforts
- Excellent skills in facilitation, coaching and mediation. You’ll have a natural talent for working with others and acting as a servant-leader.
- Ability to coach teams on the deeper principles behind the Agile principles and facilitate actual changes in outlook and behaviours
- A willingness to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new, e.g. writing a Python script to capture data on something you think might be a valuable metric
We'd love you to have:
- Experience as a software developer or a good foundational knowledge of systems interactions (APIs, microservices, layered architecture…)
- Experience solving problems with code
- Experience working in a mobile first environment or a startup environment
- Scrum, Kanban or similar certifications
Apply for this role
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.