Depop is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team!
Data is at the heart of what we do...
Our platform receives 10,000’s of requests every second; we’re looking to cut through the noise, leverage this vast data, and find value. We’re building scalable and robust systems to harvest, process and analyze the vast data within our tech ecosystem. With an increasing demand to service other areas of the business, and ultimately our 15 million users, you’ll be at the forefront of pioneering Data-as-a-Service.
- building out our data infrastructure, in terms of scalability and availability, with an additional focus on ensuring data integrity
- work on projects centred around real-time streaming, data lake optimisation and a novel user-tracking and personalisation system
- continuously developing your knowledge around Data Engineering, by learning from and working closely with more senior colleagues
- experience either designing and building or maintaining and optimising vast cloud-based infrastructures (AWS or GCP)
- knowledge around data processing and warehousing systems (batch or stream), through leveraging the latest data engineering technologies (e.g. Scala or Python, Spark and Kafka)
- ability to have an impact quickly, from prototype to production