Depop is the most fun way to buy and sell straight from your pocket. It’s social, it’s unique, and it’s growing. We have an international team of 85 with our HQ in London, and teams in New York and Milan.
At Depop, we have millions of users, who generate a lot of data. We want to get smarter about how we use and store that data, to ensure consistency on live user-facing services, and to lay the foundations of a self-sustaining data-driven business.
This is a new, hybrid role that will entail some mix of:
- One part DBA
- One part distributed systems architect
- One part software engineer
- One part data scientist
- Advise on and influence the design and implementation of databases within a distributed architecture to ensure data consistency and correctness
- Play a key role in the design, build, and implementation an internal self-service data analytics platform
- Work with both non and semi-technical analysts in the moderation and growth teams to get access to the data that they need
The Tech Stack
- Scala, Play, Akka
- Postgres, RabbitMQ, DynamoDB, Memcached, Redis
- Redshift, S3
- Python/Django, MongoDB (mostly legacy)
- AWS, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Docker
- Great offices near Old Street
- Flexible, relaxed atmosphere, working with a well-funded, amazing and very friendly team
- Competitive salary with share options
- 25 days paid holidays & option to buy/sell more
- Apple staff discount
- Fully stocked snack cupboard, drinks fridge and fresh fruit.
- Wonderful Wednesdays & Friday drinks
- Staff parties & events
- Depop Pension
- Ride to work / Childcare/ Eyecare vouchers on request
- Special stuff on birthdays & life events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.